Make sure that you’ve set up your site for the first time before following the instructions below. If you haven’t set up your site yet, learn how to create your site.
To edit your website:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Website from the menu.
- In the top left corner of the page, you'll see how many people visited your site. Click Info to see more site traffic details.
- Use the panel on the left side of the screen to select which part of your site to edit. When you’re done editing a section, click Done .
These are the elements of your site you can edit:
- Theme: Choose from preset theme options with different color palettes and fonts.
- Text fields, like "Headline" and "Description".
- Primary button: Choose the main action button you want customers to see. You can preview what a button does by publishing and viewing your site.
- Get directions: This button opens directions to your location in Google Maps.
- Call now: This button prompts a phone call to your business.
- View menu: This button opens a link of your choice.
- Find table: This button opens a link of your choice.
- Place order: This button opens a link of your choice.
- Make appointment: This button opens a link of your choice.
- Message us (SMS): This button sends a SMS message to your phone number. Make sure the number is a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages. Message and data rates may apply.
- Message us (WhatsApp): This button sends a WhatsApp message to your mobile phone number. Make sure you have WhatsApp installed to receive messages.
- Get quote: This button opens a form for customers to inquire about your services. You'll be notified by email when a customer reaches out to you.
- Photos: The cover photo you select for your website will be the same one that appears in your Business Profile on Google. You can change your cover photo from clicking "Edit header photo" in the preview.
- Business information, including business name, address, hours of operation, phone number, and business category.
- Links to external sites, such as for ordering or reservations.
- Businesses like restaurants or hair salons may see an option to list their menu items or services.
To optimize your site and make it easier for customers to connect with your business, we may update the visual design of your site from time to time. Site elements you've edited (theme, photos, posts, etc.) won't be modified.
Best practices for optimizing your website
To make your website appealing to customers, consider these best practices:
- Your cover photo will appear when customers find your business on Google, so be sure to select a quality photo that is relevant to your business.
- The cover photo will appear with the headline and other text on top of the image, so we highly recommend picking an image with no text. Interior pictures of your business or pictures of your products often work well.
- Photos should be in focus and well-lit.
- Use other photos to show what your business offers, such as your products, services, photos of your team, or location. For example, if you’re a restaurant, you may want to show photos of different kinds of food you prepare and the interior of your restaurant.
- A maximum of 9 photos will show on your site.
- Use the text editor to highlight your products, services, and unique value to customers.
- Your "Headline" should stress your main selling point and invite readers to learn more about your business.
- Use the "Description" and "Summary header" to briefly expand on your unique selling point.
- Use the "Summary body" to offer relevant information. For instance, if you’re a restaurant, you may want to offer a few sample menu items. If you offer a repair or professional service, you may want to explain what kind of jobs you perform and stress qualities such as dependability, response times, experience, or value.
- Also use the "Summary body" to link to other pages, such as an online ordering or reservation system, your Facebook page, or other pages where customers can learn more about your business.
Using the Info item on the side navigation menu, you can enter or change basic business information.
- Make sure it is easy for customers to contact you. Include the hours that you’re open, the correct business address, and the correct contact information.
- Enter any "Amenities," "Highlights," and "Offerings," as well as payment and reservation policies, so customers know more about your business and know how to reserve and pay for your services. These do not appear on your website but are useful to add to your listing.
- You can also include store codes, labels, and a Google Ads location extension phone number.
Note: Make sure that your website content complies with our policies and the local laws in your country or region. In some countries, commercial websites are required to include an "impressum," or website disclaimer. If an impressum is required in your country, you can use the "Description" field to add the appropriate information.