If you own or manage a business, you can create and edit a free Business Profile for customers to find on Google Maps and Search. To create or claim a Business Profile, sign up for Google My Business.
After you verify a business, you can make changes to your Business Profile wherever it appears, like on Google Search and the Maps mobile app.
- Edit your profile: Easily update your business information, adjust your hours or add a menu.
- Promote your business: Add photos or updates to stand out on Google.
- Connect with your customers: Connect with your customers by responding to reviews and questions.
Who can manage a Business Profile on Search and Maps
Important: If you recently became verified or were added to a business as an owner or manager, it might take 14 days before you get options to manage the business. In the meantime, you can manage your Business Profile through Google My Business.
You cannot manage a business marked 'Permanently closed' on Search and Maps. You must use Google My Business to mark the business open.
Who can manage a Business Profile: People with owner and manager permissions to the business through Google My Business.
Who can’t manage a Business Profile:
The Business Profile is displayed to the public and shows up in search results when users search for your business. However, only owners and managers of the profile can create posts and reply to reviews.
Update your Business Profile on Google Search
To update your profile directly on Google Search:
- Sign in to the Google Account you used to sign up for Google My Business.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name. You can also search for 'my business'.
- If needed, to update your Business Profile, select View profile.
- In the menu above the search results, choose choose Edit profile, Promote, or Customers.
Stop updating your Business Profile
If someone else owns or manages your business: With your Google My Business account, you can add additional owners and managers or remove yourself.
To stop managing a Business Profile, remove the business from your Google Account. This doesn’t remove the profile from Google Maps or Search. If the business doesn’t exist anymore, before you remove it from your account, mark the business as permanently closed.