Have you finished verifying your business information on Google? Great! Let's take your business's online presence to the next level.
If you haven’t claimed and verified your business, get started with Sign up and verify your business.
Update your business information
When information about your business changes, update it with Google My Business. Keeping your account up to date makes sure that Google has the most accurate information to share with potential customers. In some cases, Google may not accept changes if we believe that they’re inaccurate.
Here are the types of business information that you can update with Google My Business:
- Opening hours
- Physical address (If you change your address, you’ll need to complete the verification process again to confirm the new address.)
- Telephone number
- Category (What kind of business do you run?)
You can also add new businesses to Google My Business.Do it now: Update your business information
- Log in to Google My Business and choose the page that you’d like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears.
- It may take up to 60 days to delete information that you’ve previously added. Information that's also publicly available or from other sources may not be removed.
- Business descriptions (editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business) aren't editable. Find out more
- Click Finished editing.
Want to make changes on the go? Use the Google My Business mobile app for Android or iOS.
Add owners and managers to share responsibility
Running a business is hard work, and you may not have the time to keep your online presence as fresh as you’d like. Owners and managers can help.
By adding owners and managers to your Google My Business listing, you can delegate responsibility to other members of your staff while keeping ownership of the page.
There are 3 kinds of users:
- Owners: Listing owners have the widest set of privileges and access, and can make high-level administrative decisions like adding other owners and managers or removing the listing from their account.
- Manager: A manager can do most of what an owner can do, like edit business information, manage Hangouts (which let you hold video calls with customers) and view Insights about how many people are viewing and interacting with your listing. You might make a trusted staff member a manager of your listing to help keep your information and web presence up to date.
- Site manager: A site manager can interact with customers on behalf of your listing by posting pictures and responding to reviews. Friendly, tech-savvy members of your staff might make good site managers.
A site manager sign-up link can be found in the Business Profile of claimed chain locations on Maps and Search. New users who sign up for Google My Business, as well as existing users who try to access claimed chain listings, can verify as a site manager. The sign-up link makes it easier for franchise owners and shop managers to manage listings for locations that they own or operate.
Site managers will be verified by Google to make sure that their profile data is accurate. Owners can still manage user access through their Google My Business accounts.
When signed in to Google My Business, a site manager can request to upgrade to listing manager or owner of a verified listing. The listing owner can approve or deny the request.
You can remove owners and managers at any time. Find out more about owners and managersDo it now: Add owners and managers to your page
- Sign in to Google My Business and choose the listing that you’d like to manage.
- Click Users from the menu.
- In the top right-hand corner of the 'Managers of [your business]' box that appears, click the 'Invite new managers' icon .
- Select the user's role by clicking Owner, Manager or Communications manager below their name.
- Click Invite.
Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
When an invitation is accepted, the owners of the listing will be notified via email. All users in the account can view the names and email addresses listed on this page.
You can cancel pending invitations by clicking the X in the row with the invitation that you want to remove.