The Business Profile Application Programming Interface (API) is designed for developers who represent large, tech-savvy businesses and third parties. Developers looking to write applications to manage Business Profile data should consider signing up for the Business Profile API.
The Business Profile API lets developers build applications that interact directly with their business location information on the Business Profile server. With these applications, chains and third parties can more efficiently manage their large or complex Business Profile accounts.
How you can use the API
Using the Business Profile API effectively requires technical savvy and coding knowledge. With the API, you can manage locations at scale with actions like:
- Editing location information
- Reading and responding to customer reviews and Q&A
- Updating menu details like photos, descriptions, and prices
- Viewing insights for locations
- Subscribing to push notifications for new customer reviews
- Creating and updating posts
- Adding photos and viewing customer photos and videos
- Inviting and removing managers
- Managing service-area businesses
- Verification on third party platforms
- Determining if a location already exists and is claimed
- Creating user groups and location groups
- To get started with the Business Profile API, follow instructions on the Google Developers site.
- To get support for the Business Profile API, see the API support page.
- New APIs as part of the Federated model have been released. Learn more about our deprecation schedule and replacement resources.