Use the Google My Business API
The Google My Business Application Programming Interface (API) is designed for developers who represent large, tech-savvy businesses and third parties. Developers looking to write applications to manage Google My Business data should consider signing up for the Google My Business API.
The Google My Business API lets developers build applications that interact directly with their business location information on the Google My Business server. With these applications, chains and third parties can more efficiently manage their large or complex Google My Business accounts.
How you can use the API
Using the Google My Business API effectively requires technical savvy and coding knowledge. With the API, you can manage locations at scale with actions like:
- Editing location information
- Reading and responding to customer reviews
- Updating menu details like photos, descriptions, and prices
- Viewing insights for locations
- Subscribing to push notifications for new customer reviews
- Creating and updating posts
- Adding photos and viewing customer photos and videos
- Providing additional attributes for locations (like a hotel's amenities, or a restaurant's menu URL)
- Inviting and removing managers
- Managing service-area businesses
- Verification on third party platforms
- Determining if a location already exists and is claimed
Get started with the API
To get started with the Google My Business API, follow instructions on the Google Developers site.