For days when your business has an irregular schedule, such as public holidays or special events, you can enter special hours in advance. If you schedule special hours, your normal hours remain in place for all other days.
It's a good idea to confirm your hours for official holidays even if those hours are the same as your regular hours. This way, you'll make it clear to customers that your holiday hours are accurate.
Special hours can only be entered if you've already provided normal hours.
Set special hours
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google My Business app.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Tap Profile Add special hours.
- If some special hours already exist for your listing, tap your existing hours beside the special hours icon.
- Select the day that you want to set special hours for.
- Enter the special opening and closing times.
- Open all day: Choose Open 24 hours.
- Closed all day: Choose Closed.
- Tap OK.
- To add more special hours, tap Add hours.
- When you’ve set all special hours, tap Save.
If you only add special hours to existing locations and don’t want to make other changes, you can include only the shop code and special hours columns, and not include other columns on the spreadsheet at all. If you include empty columns (columns with headings but no information beneath them) in your spreadsheet, then existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new location as well, you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the 'Special hours' column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours in the following format, with 'x' to designate an all-day closure. You can enter hours in 24-hour format:
or AM/PM format:
Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into two entries, with a comma in between. For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for two distinct periods on 26 December 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
Learn more about formatting hours.
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
If a set of special hours extends past midnight and up to or past noon on the following day, then you should break the hours into multiple sets: one that runs until the end of the first day, and one that begins at midnight of the second day.A set of special hours should not exceed 24 hours.
For example, if your business is open from 7.00 p.m. on one day until 5.00 p.m. the next day, enter your hours as follows:
2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day will be ignored in favour of the special hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, make sure that you enter them again in your list of special hours: