To ensure the accuracy of your business info across Google, verify your Business Profile.
Verification helps protect you from anyone who might try to pose as a representative of your business. Before you can edit your business info on Google products, you must verify.
To verify your business:
- Add or claim your Business Profile on Google. Learn how to claim your profile.
- When you claim your profile, we offer you one or more verification methods. Available methods vary. Options can include phone, text, email, video recording, live video chat, postcard, and more. After your info is live, you can check it in your Business Profile. To find your profile, search Learn how to verify by each method.
- Pick your method and follow the on-screen steps.
- Often, we need to review verifications. These manual reviews help maintain the integrity of all profiles. They can take up to 7 business days.
- When you’re verified, you get a notification.
- If we can’t verify your business via the first-used method, the “Get verified” button returns. You can use a different verification method.
- Search for your business name and city in Google Search or Maps, or search for “my business” on Google Search. Search results can vary for many reasons. Your results can differ from someone else’s. Learn how Google ranks local results.
For more information, read the next guide in our series to learn how to improve your business information online.Start the next guide