Connect a page to Google Maps
Choose your status:I never added my local business to Google
If you’ve never created a page for your local business, follow these steps to create your local page and verify it so that it’s eligible to appear on Google Maps. If you’ve never added your local business but nonetheless see it on Google, learn how to request access.
If you’ve created a local page but it isn’t showing up, make sure that you’ve verified it. Your edits won’t be eligible to appear on Maps until you do so.
If you're still having issues, please contact us.
Follow the steps below if you created a Google+ page that isn't a local Google+ page, but you want to connect it to Google Maps and get reviews. Note that you must be signed in as the owner of the page in order to connect it to Maps. Learn more about owners and managers
This process will connect your current page to Google Maps and apply the business information (address, reviews, and more) from Google Maps to your page. The followers, posts, and managers of your page will be retained.
Make sure the business meets our quality guidelines before connecting it to Google Maps. The change will permanently affect some of the information on your page, so be sure that the move makes sense for your business.
In order to connect your page to Maps:
- If you haven’t already, create and verify a separate local Google+ page for the same business as your page.
- Sign in to Google My Business, select Locations from the top of the page, and click Manage this location for the location you want to connect.
The local page will look almost the same as your current page. It will include a verification shield next to the name of the page. If you hover over the badge, you’ll see "Verified local business".
- From the top left corner, choose > Settings.
- Scroll to the "Profile" section. Next to “This page is connected to Google Maps”, click Connect a different page.
- In the "Link a different page to this location" dialog, pick the page that you’d like to connect to Maps and click Next. You won't see this dialogue unless you're the owner of the page.
- You’ll see a list describing the changes to the newly-created page you’re connecting to Maps, and the local Google+ page you’re disconnecting from Maps. Click Confirm.
The page that’s newly connected to Maps will:
- Display the name and verification badge from the former local page.
- Display the business information (hours, phone number, etc.) and reviews from the former local page.
- No longer display photos from the former local page. To add the photos, visit the former local page, download your photos, then upload them to the newly-connected local Google+ page.
- No longer display prior owner responses to local reviews. Your existing reviews may take a few hours to show up after connecting the page.
- Retain your page's followers, posts, and managers.
- Possibly remove ad campaigns associated with the page. To start a new campaign, visit AdWords Express and follow the step-by-step instructions.
The former local page will:
- No longer display on Google Maps.
- No longer display local business information or reviews.
- Be renamed to "Backup of <page name>".
- Still be visible on Google+.
- Retain followers, posts, and managers from the former local page.
- Retain photos from the former local page.
- No longer display AdWords Express campaigns associated with the page.
If you’d like to delete the former local page entirely, follow these steps.