Connect a Google+ page to your Google My Business listing
Choose your status:I never added my business to Google
If you’ve never created a Google My Business listing or your business already appears on Google Maps, follow these steps to create or claim a listing. If someone else has already verified your business, learn how to request access.
If you’ve created a listing but it isn’t showing up, make sure that you’ve verified it. Your edits won’t be eligible to appear on Maps until you do so.
If you're still having issues, please contact us.
Follow the steps below if you created a Google+ page for your business and you want to connect it to Google My Business. You must be signed in as the owner of the Google+ page in order to connect it to a Google My Business listing. Learn more about owners and managers
Make sure the business meets our quality guidelines before connecting it to Google My Business. The change will permanently affect some of the information on your Google+ page, so be sure that the move makes sense for your business.
In order to connect your page to Maps:
Before following the steps below, make sure that you're using classic Google+. If you're using the new Google+, go to plus.google.com and click Back to classic G+ in the lower left corner of your screen. Then, follow the steps below.
- If you haven’t already, create and verify a Google My Business listing for the same business as your Google+ page.
- Sign in to Google My Business, select Locations from the top of the page, and click Manage this location for the location you want to connect.
- Click the three dash menu in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click Settings .
- Scroll to the "Profile" section at the bottom of the menu.
- Click Connect a different page.
- From the dropdown menu below “Will be linked to this page,” choose the Google+ page that you’d like to connect to your Google My Business listing. You won't see this option unless you're the owner of the Google+ page.
- Click Next.
- Review the list of changes that will be made to both your Google My Business listing and your Google+ page.
- Click Confirm.
The page that’s newly connected to Maps will:
- Display the name and verification badge from the disconnected Google+ page.
- Display the business information (hours, phone number, etc.) and reviews from the disconnected Google+ page.
- No longer display photos from the disconnected Google+ page. To add the photos, visit the disconnected Google+ page, download your photos, then upload them to the newly-connected Google+ page.
- No longer display prior owner responses to reviews. Your existing reviews may take a few hours to show up after connecting the page.
- Retain your disconnected Google+ page's followers, posts, and managers.
- Possibly remove ad campaigns associated with the Google My Business listing. To start a new campaign, visit AdWords Express and follow the step-by-step instructions.
The disconnected Google+ page will:
- No longer display on Google Maps.
- No longer display business information or reviews.
- Be renamed to "Backup of <page name>".
- Still be visible on Google+.
- Retain followers, posts, and managers from the disconnected page.
- Retain photos from the disconnected page.
- No longer display AdWords Express campaigns associated with the disconnected page.
If you’d like to delete the disconnected page entirely, follow these steps.