Reply to reviews
Replying to reviews is a great way to engage with your customers and get valuable feedback.
To reply to reviews on individual locations:
- Sign in to Google My Business and choose the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Reviews at the top of the page, then click Inbox. Note that your business needs to be verified in order to respond to reviews.
- Under "Reviews from Google users", click View and reply on a review. It's not possible to reply to reviews in bulk.
- Write a response and click Submit.
Business owner responses allow you to build relationships with customers, but they’re also public. When replying to your customers, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Be nice and don’t get personal. This isn’t just a guideline--it’s also a good idea as a business owner. It's difficult to win an argument with a frustrated customer, and you want to avoid burning bridges. Keep your responses useful, readable, and courteous. In addition, responses should comply with our local content policy.
- Keep it short and sweet. Users are looking for useful and genuine responses, but they can easily be overwhelmed by a long response.
- Thank your reviewers. Respond to happy reviewers when you have new or relevant information to share. You don’t need to thank every reviewer publicly, since each response reaches lots of customers, not just one.
- Be a friend, not a salesperson. Your reviewers are already customers, so there’s no need to offer incentives or advertisements. Tell reviewers something new about your business, or share something they might not know from their first visit.