Transfer account ownership
If you’re no longer responsible for managing the locations in your account, you can transfer ownership of the account to someone else.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you haven’t already done so, create a business account and transfer your locations to that account. Accounts can only be transferred between owners and managers. If the new owner isn’t a manager of the business account, you’ll need to add them as a manager before transferring ownership to them.
- Click the three dot menu in the top right corner of the business account you’d like to transfer, then click Managers.
- Locate the manager you’d like to transfer ownership to and click Manager on the right-hand side of their name.
- Click Transfer ownership to [name of the manager]. Only owners can transfer business accounts, you wont see this option unless you're the account owner.
- The new owner will be informed of their ownership status via email. You will now be a manager of the account.