Flagging inappropriate reviews
Reviews that violate the Google review policies can be removed from Google My Business listings. See the instructions below to flag an inappropriate review that you find on your listing.
Before you start
Check the policy. Only flag reviews that violate Google policies. Don't flag a review just because you disagree with it or don't like it. Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience. Read the policy before flagging a review.
Be patient. It can take several days for a review to be assessed.
If you find a review that you believe violates Google review policies, you can flag it for removal. The review will be assessed and possibly removed from your listing.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple listings, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click Reviews from the menu.
- Find the review that you'd like to flag, click the three-dot menu , then click Flag as inappropriate.
- Open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Customers, then tap Reviews.
- Find the review that you'd like to flag, tap the three-dot menu , then tap Flag review.
- Open Google Maps.
- Find your business listing.
- Find the review that you'd like to flag.
- Click the three-dot menu , then click Flag as inappropriate.
Google uses automated spam detection measures to remove reviews that are probably spam. Although legitimate reviews are sometimes removed inappropriately, these spam prevention measures help improve people's experiences on Google by ensuring that the reviews that they see are authentic, relevant and useful.