Reviews that violate the Google review policies can be removed from Google My Business listings. See the instructions below to flag an inappropriate review that you find on your listing.
Before you begin
Check the policy. Only flag reviews that violate Google policies. Don't flag a review just because you disagree with it or don't like it. Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience. Read the policy before flagging a review.
Be patient. It can take several days for a review to be assessed.
If you find a review that you believe violates Google review policies, you can flag it for removal. The review will be assessed and possibly removed from your listing.
Flag a review in your account
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Customers Reviews.
- Tap the review you'd like to flag, and then tap More Flag review.
Flag a review in Google Maps
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- To open your Business Profile:
- In the top right, tap Account Circle Your Business Profile.
- Or enter your business name in the search bar.
- Tap Reviews.
- Find the review you'd like to flag.
- Tap More Report review.
Tip: Users and merchants can report abusive taglines or names from the Google Maps app. The name and tagline will be reviewed after it’s flagged. Learn more about contributor profiles.
Google uses automated spam detection measures to remove reviews that are probably spam. Although legitimate reviews are sometimes inappropriately removed, these spam prevention measures help improve people's experiences on Google by ensuring that the reviews they see are authentic, relevant, and useful.