Reviews that violate the Google review policies can be removed from Business Profiles on Google.
Check the policy. Read the policy before you flag a review.
Only flag reviews that violate Google policies. Don't flag a review just because you disagree with it or don't like it. Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.
Be patient. It can take several days for a review to be assessed.
Flag a review in your account
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Customers Reviews.
- Tap the review you'd like to flag, and then tap More Flag review.
Flag a review or user in Google Maps
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- To open your Business Profile, in the top right, tap Account Circle Your Business Profile.
- Tap Reviews.
- Find the review you'd like to flag.
- To flag a review: Tap More Report review.
- To flag a user: Tap the name of the user, then tap More Report profile.
Tip: Users and merchants can report abusive users from the Google Maps app. After the user's activity and contributions such as reviews, photos, or edits are flagged, they'll be reviewed. Learn more about contributor profiles.
Google uses automated spam detection measures to remove reviews that are probably spam. These spam prevention measures help improve people's experiences on Google to make sure that the reviews they see are authentic, relevant, and useful. Some legitimate reviews may be inappropriately removed.