Link your brand page to your website
Linking your brand page and website is useful because:
- It helps you to connect with your friends, fans and customers.
- It provides Google with information that we can use to help determine the relevance of your website to a user query on Google Search.
Interested in linking a local Google+ page? If you have a local Google+ page, then you should use the local verification process to add your business information to Google Maps and display the verification badge on a Google+ page. You can add your website to your business information by following these steps.
Note: It’s no longer possible to directly link your website by inserting a snippet of code into your website. Instead, verify your website using Websmaster Tools by following the steps below.
It’s best to work with your webmaster, if you aren’t familiar with editing your website.
- Verify your website in Webmaster Tools. The verified webmaster can approve a request to connect your website to the Google+ page for your business.
- Select My Business > Google+ Page from the left hand navigation menu.
- On the ‘About’ tab, click on the Link website button next to your website URL.
- Can't see the link? Local Google+ pages aren't eligible to link to a website. You can add your website to your business information by following these steps.
- If we know the webmaster for this website, then we’ll give you the option to send a request to the webmaster to approve the link. Requesting approval will reveal your email address to the webmaster.
- The verified webmaster can confirm the link in Webmaster Tools.
Once the link has been approved, you'll receive an email. You'll also see a tick next to your website on the 'About' tab of your page's profile.
When you've linked your Google+ page to your website, you can also link your website to your page. Find out how to add the Google+ badge to your website