Review Google updates
About Google updates
Google uses information from a variety of sources—including user reports and licensed content—to make sure that locations stay as accurate as possible. We depend on business owners to provide high quality business information. However, if we receive reports of incorrect or outdated information for a location, you may notice a "Google update" to the location.
Google-updated information appears live on Google Maps, Search, and other properties. By reviewing these updates, you help ensure that this information is accurate for your customers.
Your locations can be updated by Google at any time. You can review Google updates when you visit Google My Business.
As of February 2016, we’ve made some changes to Google updates in your list view:
- You no longer need to resolve Google updates to finish importing locations via spreadsheet. If you’d like to discard Google updates in bulk, you can now do so from your list of locations.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business will ignore that field. We won't change your data, and we won’t accept or discard Google updates for that field.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you have changed a field, we'll accept the new field value and overwrite both your old value and any Google update associated with it.
You can review, edit, or accept your Google updates at any time.Desktop
- Sign in to Google My Business and choose the location you'd like to review.
- Click Review updates in the yellow banner at the top of the page (you won't see this option if you don't have any Google updates).
- Review your updated business information.
- Click OK in the yellow banner at the top of the page to accept all updates.
- Edit an update by clicking the pencil icon on the right-hand side.
- Click Save.
- Open the Google My Business app. You can download the app for Android or iOS.
- Tap Your business information has updates from Google. If there are no updates, you won't see this notification.
- Underlined items have been updated. Tap OK in the banner at the top of the screen to accept all updates.
- Edit updates by tapping the pencil icon
- Tap Save.
If you manage more than one location, you can review and edit Google updates for all of your locations in one place. To see if a location has been updated:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click Google updates at the top of the page.
- Click a location or click Resolve updates to review your updated business information.
- Your original business information is listed on the left, and updated information on the right. Review and edit your updates.
- Click Submit.
You’ll need to review Google updates before you can make any additional edits to an individual location through the Google My Business dashboard. You can also download your spreadsheet, update your information with the Google updates you’d like to accept, and import the spreadsheet again.
To discard updates for multiple locations at once:
- Select all locations for which you want to discard Google updates.
- Click the discard icon in the top right corner of the page.
- In the box that appears, review the summary of the updates that you’ve chosen to discard, then click Discard to finish discarding updates.