Manage Google updates
Google uses information from a variety of sources—including user reports and licensed content—to make sure that locations stay as accurate as possible. Sometimes the information business owners provide is reported as incorrect or outdated. If your locations are updated by Google, you’ll see them listed with a “Google updates” status.
Locations can be updated by Google at any time, and Google-updated information appears live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. By reviewing these updates, you help ensure that this information is accurate for your customers.
Google updates for individual listings
To accept, discard, or edit Google updates for a listing:Desktop
- Sign in to Google My Business and choose the location you'd like to review. You’ll see an “Updates from Google” notification at the top of the page if your location has Google updates.
- Review your Google updates listed next to your original business information. Different types of updates are shown as different colors of text:
- Orange: New data from Google
- Red: Data removed by Google
- Gray: Data replaced by Google
- Black: No updates from Google
- Click the pencil icon next to an update to make changes, then click Apply when you’re done.
- Accept all of your updates by clicking Accept all updates in the "Updates from Google" section at the top of the page.
- Open the Google My Business app. You can download the app for Android or iOS.
- Tap Your business information has updates from Google. If there are no updates, you won't see this notification.
- Underlined items have been updated. Tap OK in the banner at the top of the screen to accept all updates.
- Edit updates by tapping the pencil icon .
- Tap Save.
To accept, discard, or edit Google updates for multiple locations:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Click Google updates at the top of the page. You won’t see this option if you don’t have Google updates to review.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu to filter your updates by individual fields like Hours or Address, or select All to manage all updated locations.
- Click the box next to "Store code" to select all of your locations, or click the boxes next to individual locations you'd like to manage.
- A toolbar will appear at the top of the page. Click an icon in the toolbar to manage your Google updates:
- Edit updates individually. Updated information appears in either orange or red (with strikethrough) text. Once you've edited information for a particular field, click Apply to save your update. You can also accept all updates for the listing by clicking Accept all for this location in the box at the top right of the screen.
- Accept updates for the selected locations. The updated information will continue to appear live on Google.
- In the window that appears, you’ll see a list of updates that you’re about to accept. You can uncheck the boxes next to updates you don’t want to accept.
- Click Accept when you’re done.
- Discard updates for the selected locations. The information will revert to the last values you entered, and will overwrite the Google-updated information.
- In the window that appears, you’ll see a list of updates that you’re about to discard. You can uncheck the boxes next to updates you don’t want to discard.
- Click Discard when you’re done.
You may not be able to accept or discard Google updates in bulk if:
- The listing isn’t enabled for download.
- You don’t have enough access to the listing, like if you’re a communications manager. Request more access
Google updates and bulk upload
If you’re updating locations using your bulk upload spreadsheet, you can import your locations without resolving Google updates. Keep in mind that:
- If you import a spreadsheet and you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business will ignore that field. Your data won’t be changed, and Google updates for that field won’t be accepted or discarded.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you have changed a field, the new field value will be accepted and will overwrite both your old value and any Google update associated with it.