To keep your Business Profile as accurate as possible, Google uses information from a variety of sources like user reports and licensed content. If the information provided by business owners is reported as incorrect or outdated, the location will receive updates from Google. You can see all such updates listed with a "Google updates" status.
Google can update locations at any time. Google-updated information appears live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. You can review these updates to make sure that this information is accurate for your customers. Different types of updates are shown in different text colors in the profile editor:
- Orange: New data from Google
- Orange: Data removed by Google
- Gray: Data replaced by Google. New data appears in orange.
- Black (or white): No updates from Google
You may choose to accept, discard, or edit Google updates.
Tip: You’ll get an "Updates from Google" notification at the top of the page if your location has Google updates.
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, go to the location that you’d like to review.
- Review the Google updates listed next to your original business information.
- Choose one of the following:
- Edit updates: Click the section that you want to edit updates. When you’re done, click Apply.
- Accept all the updates: At the top, under “Updates from Google," click Accept all for this location.
- Accept individual updates: Click the section that you want to accept updates. Then, click Apply.
- Discard updates: Click the section that you want to discard updates. In the edit dialog that appears, reset the value to what you had before then click Apply.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business will ignore that field. Your data won’t be changed, and Google updates for that field won’t be accepted or discarded.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you have changed a field, the new field value will be accepted and will overwrite both your old value and any Google update associated with it.