Manage Google updates
To make sure that your listings stay as accurate as possible, Google uses information from a variety of sources like user reports and licensed content. If the information provided by business owners is reported as incorrect or outdated, the location will receive updates from Google. You can see all such updates listed with a "Google updates" status.
Google can update locations at any time, and Google-updated information appears live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. You may review these updates to ensure that this information is accurate for your customers. Different types of updates are shown in different text colors in the listing editor:
- Orange: New data from Google
- Orange: Data removed by Google
- Gray: Data replaced by Google. New data appears in orange
- Black (or white): No updates from Google
You may choose to accept, discard, or edit Google updates.
- Sign in to Google My Business, and select the location you'd like to review.
Note: You’ll see an "Updates from Google" notification at the top of the page if your location has Google updates.
- Review the Google updates listed next to your original business information.
- To manage your updates, choose the appropriate option:
- To edit updates, click on the field that you want to edit updates for. Then, click Apply when you’re done.
- To accept all the updates, click Accept all for this location in the "Updates from Google" section at the top of the page.
- To accept individual updates, click on the field that you want to accept updates for. Then, click Apply in the dialog that appears, without making any changes to the presented data.
- To discard updates, click on the field that you want to discard updates for. In the edit dialog that appears, reset the value to the one you previously provided, then click Apply.
To accept, discard, or edit Google updates for multiple locations:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Check the box next to each individual location you'd like to manage. Or check the box in the top left corner of the table to select all locations.
- In the toolbar above the table, click Actions, then choose the appropriate option under "Google updates":
- To accept updates, click Accept. You’ll see a list of updates that you’re about to accept. You can uncheck the boxes next to updates you don’t want to accept. Once you've accepted the updates, the updated information will continue to appear live on Google.
- To discard updates, click Discard. You’ll see a list of updates that you’re about to discard. You can uncheck the boxes next to updates you don’t want to discard. Once you've discarded the updates, the information will revert to the last values you entered, and will overwrite the Google-updated information.
- The listing isn’t enabled for download.
- You don’t have enough access to the listing (e.g. if you’re a site manager).
- The listing couldn't be loaded.
- For discard updates and clear attributes only: You did not provide a value for the field.
- For clear attributes only: The attribute is sensitive (for example, related to accessibility, sexual orientation, race, or religion).
- For clear attributes only: The attribute is not a "yes/no" attribute.
- Open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Your business information has updates from Google.
Note: If there are no updates, you won't see this notification.
- In the banner at the top of the screen, tap OK to accept all updates.
- Edit updates by tapping the pencil icon .
- Tap Save.
If you’re updating locations using your bulk upload spreadsheet, you can import your locations without resolving Google updates. Keep in mind that:
- If you import a spreadsheet and you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business will ignore that field. Your data won’t be changed, and Google updates for that field won’t be accepted or discarded.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you have changed a field, the new field value will be accepted and will overwrite both your old value and any Google update associated with it.