To keep your Business Profile as accurate as possible, Google uses information from a variety of sources like user reports and licensed content. If the information provided by business owners is reported as incorrect or outdated, the location will receive updates from Google. You can see all such updates listed with a "Google updates" status.
Google can update locations at any time. Google-updated information appears live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. You can review these updates to make sure that this information is accurate for your customers. Different types of updates are shown in different text colors in the profile editor:
- Orange: New data from Google
- Orange: Data removed by Google
- Gray: Data replaced by Google. New data appears in orange.
- Black (or white): No updates from Google
You may choose to accept, discard, or edit Google updates.
Manage updates with the Google My Business app for Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Check the box next to each individual location you'd like to manage. Or check the box in the top left corner of the table to select all locations.
- Tap Your business information has updates from Google.
- If there aren't any updates, you won't get this notification.
- In the toolbar above the table, tap Actions.
- Under "Google updates," choose any of the following:
- Accept updates: Tap Accept. You’ll see a list of updates that you’re about to accept. You can uncheck the boxes next to updates you don’t want to accept. Once you've accepted the updates, the updated information will continue to appear live on Google.
- Discard updates: Tap Discard. Tap the information you want to discard and reset the information, then tap Apply. Once you've discarded the updates, the information will revert to the last info you entered, and will overwrite the Google-updated information.
- Tap Ok.
- To edit updates, tap the pencil icon .
- Tap Save.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business will ignore that field. Your data won’t be changed, and Google updates for that field won’t be accepted or discarded.
- If you import a spreadsheet and you have changed a field, the new field value will be accepted and will overwrite both your old value and any Google update associated with it.