Types of updates
Google can update profiles at any time. Google-updated info shows live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. You can choose to accept, discard and replace, or edit Google updates. Different types of updates show in different text colors in the profile editor:
Blue: Data replaced by Google.
- Black or white: No updates from Google.
- Sign in to the Google Account you used to sign up for Google Business Profile.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name. You can also search for: “my business”.
- If you manage multiple profiles, select View profile for the one you want to manage.
- In the menu above the search results, click Edit profile Business information.
- Review the Google updates listed next to your original business information.
- Determine what to do with the updates:
- Edit updates: Click the section where you want to edit updates. When you’re done, click Apply.
- Accept individual updates: Next to the sections where you want to accept updates, click Accept.
- Resubmit edits: Next to the sections where you want to resubmit your edits for publishing, click Resubmit.
- Discard & replace updates:
- Click the sections where you want to discard updates.
- In the field that shows, restore what you had before.
- Click Apply.
Tip: If your profile has Google updates, you’ll get a notification at the top of the page.
- If you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, we ignore that field. Your data isn’t changed, and any Google updates for that field aren’t accepted or discarded.
- If you changed a field, the new field value is accepted. This new value overwrites both your old value and any Google update associated with it.
- If you leave a field blank, the blank field is subject to Google updates.