Google reviews provide useful information and help your business stand out. Reviews show up next to your Business Profile in Maps and Search.
Tip: Your customers don’t need a Gmail address to leave a review if they sign in to their Google Account.
Use best practices to get reviews
You can request reviews from customers by sharing a URL specific to your business.
You can encourage your customers to spread the word about your business through Google reviews with these best practices:
- Verify your Business Profile: This makes your business information show up on Maps, Search, and other Google services. To respond to a review, you must have a verified business.
- Remind customers to leave reviews: Let them know it’s quick and easy to leave reviews. Business owners shouldn't offer incentives to customers to leave reviews. You can also get customers to leave reviews if you create and share a link.
- Reply to reviews to build customer trust: Your customers will notice your business values their input if you read and reply to their reviews.
- Value all reviews: Reviews are useful for potential customers when they’re honest and objective. Customers find a mix of positive and negative reviews more trustworthy. You can always respond to a review to show the customers that you care and provide additional context. If the review doesn't follow our posting guidelines, you can request its removal.
Share a link to leave a review
You can create and share a link for customers to leave reviews. To get customers to use the link:
- Include it in thank you emails.
- Add it at the end of a chat interaction.
- Include it on your receipts.
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select Customers Reviews Get more reviews.
Tip: On your computer, using Google Search, select Ask for reviews.
- Share the link with your customers directly or use the sharing options provided.