Read and reply to reviews
Customers can leave reviews of your business by following these steps.
Reviews from your customers can provide valuable feedback for your business. Replying to reviews can help build your customers' trust. To see and respond to reviews left by Google users, first verify your business, then follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have two or more locations, click Manage location for the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Reviews at the top of the page. (Note that your business needs to be verified in order to respond to reviews.)
- Click Inbox.
- Select a customer review and click View and reply.
- Write a response and click Submit.
- Open the Google My Business app. (If you don't already have the Google My Business app, download it for Android or iOS.)
- In the top left corner of the screen, touch the three bar menu icon > Reviews. (Note that your business needs to be verified in order to respond to reviews.)
- Touch RESPOND NOW to reply to the reviewer.
Note that you’ll be posting publicly as your business when you reply to reviews. Replies to reviews may not appear across Google immediately.
Tips for responding to reviews
Business owner responses allow you to build relationships with customers, but they’re also public. When replying to your customers, keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Be nice and don’t get personal. This isn’t just a guideline—it’s also a good idea as a business owner. It's difficult to win an argument with a frustrated customer, and you want to avoid burning bridges. Keep your responses useful, readable, and courteous. In addition, responses should comply with our local content policy.
- Keep it short and sweet. Users are looking for useful and genuine responses, but they can easily be overwhelmed by a long response.
- Thank your reviewers. Respond to happy reviewers when you have new or relevant information to share. You don’t need to thank every reviewer publicly, since each response reaches lots of customers.
- Be a friend, not a salesperson. Your reviewers are already customers, so there’s no need to offer incentives or advertisements. Tell reviewers something new about your business, or share something they might not have learned from their first visit.
If you believe that a Google review violates the posting guidelines, you can flag it as inappropriate by placing your cursor over the review and clicking the flag icon . Complete the form on the next page and click Submit.