Transfer primary ownership
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select the three-dot menu Business Profile settings Managers.
- Select on the person you'd like to change access.
- Select the user’s role Primary owner.
- Then, select Save.
About Business Profile roles
Each Business Profile can have multiple owners but only one Primary owner.
Primary owners and Owners:
- Can add other users to share management of a profile
- Have the same capabilities, except:
- A Primary owner can’t remove themselves from a Business Profile until they transfer primary ownership to another user.
- Have most of the capabilities of an Owner, except for more sensitive functions
- Can’t remove the Business Profile
- Can’t manage users
The summary chart below outlines the different capabilities of each type of user.
|Add and remove users|
|Remove Business Profiles|
|Edit all URLs|
|Accept all Google updates|
|Opt in or out of Bookings|
|Update certain location settings
|Manage Business Profile directly on Search and Maps|
|Manage Google Ads account links|
|Add custom labels to make it easy to find
particular groups of locations
|Edit food delivery link|
Edit some main business info, like hours and
|Edit phone number|
|Create, manage, and publish posts|
|Add, delete, and edit cover photos and additional photos|
|Add, delete, and edit logos|
|Add, delete, and edit product|
|Respond to reviews|
|Respond to Q&A|
Important: You can no longer add new site managers, and we've upgraded all previous site managers to managers. Learn how to add more owners or managers.
Understand new owner & manager limitations
- Delete or undelete a profile.
- Remove other owners or managers from a profile.
- Transfer primary ownership to themselves or a third user.
If the new owner or manager deletes their account within the first 7 days, they’re removed from the profile. If they change their mind, they must be added again.
Tip: If an existing owner or manager tries to transfer primary ownership of the profile to a new owner or manager still in their first 7 days, they get an error.