Transfer primary ownership
- On your computer, sign in to manage your Business Profile..
- If you have multiple profiles, open the profile you want to manage.
- In the left menu, click Users.
- Select the user you want to be the new Primary owner. To the right of their name, click the box.
- Select “Primary owner.”
- This option only displays if you're the Primary owner of the Business Profile.
- Click Transfer Done. Primary ownership transfers to the new owner immediately.
About Business Profile roles
Each Business Profile can have multiple owners but only one Primary owner.
Primary owners and Owners:
- Can add other users to share management of a profile
- Have the same capabilities, except:
- A Primary owner can’t remove themselves from a Business Profile until they transfer primary ownership to another user.
- Have most of the capabilities of an Owner, except for more sensitive functions
- Can’t remove the Business Profile
- Can’t manage users
The summary chart below outlines the different capabilities of each type of user.
|Add and remove users|
|Remove Business Profiles|
|Edit all URLs|
|Accept all Google updates|
|Opt in or out of Bookings|
|Update certain location settings
|Manage Business Profile directly on Search and Maps|
|Manage Google Ads account links|
|Add custom labels to make it easy to find
particular groups of locations
|Edit food delivery link|
Edit some main business info, like hours and
|Edit phone number|
|Create, manage, and publish posts|
|Add, delete, and edit cover photos and additional photos|
|Add, delete, and edit logos|
|Add, delete, and edit product|
|Respond to reviews|
|Respond to Q&A|