Transfer ownership of a listing
If you no longer want to own a business listing, you can transfer ownership to one of the listing's managers. Owners can perform some tasks that managers can't, like adding and removing managers and deleting the listing.
Only the owner of a listing can transfer their ownership rights. If your listing doesn’t have additional managers, you must first invite the new owner to become a manager, then wait for them to accept their invitation.
- Sign in to Google My Business and choose the listing you’d like to manage.
- Click the three dash menu in the top left corner of the page, then click Managers.
- Locate the manager you’d like to transfer ownership to and click Manager on the right-hand side of their name. Learn how to add a new manager
- Select Owner from the dropdown menu that appears. You'll only see this option if you're the owner of the listing.
- Click Done. Ownership transfer happens immediately. You will automatically become a manager of the listing.
It's possible that someone else has already claimed your business on Google. If so,you can act to claim ownership of your listing:
- If you know the current owner of a listing that you’d like to access, contact them directly and ask to be added as a manager.
- If you don't know the current owner, follow these steps to claim ownership of the business listing on Google.