Edit your business listing on Google
Keep your business information on Google accurate and up to date by editing your Business Profile on Google. You can change information like your address, hours, contact info and photos to help potential customers find you and learn more about your business.
You can also edit your information without verifying your business. The changes can include the name, category, address, hours, phone number and website. After approval, these changes can be published before the business is verified on Google Search and Maps.Some users may still need to verify their business first before editing their information.
Edit your business information
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you’d like to manage.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
- Make your edits. After each attribute that you edit, click Apply.
After you submit your edits, the status next to the information that you edited is 'Under review'.
To remove a section, next to the section, click Remove .
Bear in mind:
- Removing information from our active servers could take up to 60 days. It also may stay in our backup systems longer.
- You can't remove information that’s also publicly available or from other sources.
- You can't edit editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business.
- For managing 10 or more locations of the same business: You can upload and edit business information in bulk.
- Closed or moved businesses: Learn more about how to mark your business as permanently closed.
- Report a problem with someone else’s business: To report the issue, use Google Maps.
The following are some helpful tips for the types of information that you can add or edit on your Google business listing:
Choose the category that best matches your business. All locations of a business must share a Primary category. Choose a category that's as specific as possible, and representative of your main business. If you enter several categories, the category entered in the first field will be your primary category.
You can choose up to nine more categories. If you have trouble choosing a category for your business, choose one that’s general. Bear in mind:
- Do not use categories solely as keywords or to describe attributes of your business.
- Don't use categories that match other nearby or related businesses, such as a business that’s located inside your business’s physical location, or an entity that contains your business.
Learn more about business categories.
Enter the complete and exact address for your business location. Learn more about address entry guidelines. If you don't serve customers at your business address, leave the address field blank.
If you change your address after you request a verification letter, you have to verify your business again.
If your business serves customers within a specific local area, enter your service area. Listing your service area helps customers know where you'll go to visit or deliver to them.
You can set your service area based on the cities, postcodes or other areas that you serve. Learn about how to set your service area.
Add the hours that your business is open (i.e. the normal customer-facing hours of operation for a typical week). For days when you have unusual hours, such as holidays or special events, set special hours. Learn more about hours guidelines.
To set hours, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Next to "Add hours" or your current business hours, click Hours .
- Turn on each day of the week that your business is open.
- Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Opens at, and then select the opening time.
- Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Closes at, and then select the closing time.
- After you’ve finished setting your hours, click Apply.
Set business hour breaks
To indicate that your working hours include a break, create two entries for the same day with different times.
For example, if your business is open from 9.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. on Saturdays, closed from 2.00 p.m – 5.00 p.m, then open again from 5.00 p.m. – 10.00 p.m.:
- Turn on Saturday.
- Next to "Saturday", click Opens at 9:00 AM.
- Next to "Saturday", click Closes at 2:00 PM.
- Next to "Saturday", click Opens at 5:00 PM.
Next to "Saturday", click Closes at 10:00 PM.
Set 24-hour opening hours
Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Opens at 24 hours.
Set special hours
To change your hours for holidays or other temporary periods, follow these steps.
Enter your business’s website. Make sure that:
- Googlebot isn't blocked on your site.
- You've checked Search Console for any possible penalties to your site
Depending on your business category, you may see options to add additional links, like online orders, reservations and appointments.
To add a website to your listing, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage. Click Info from the menu.
- Next to "Add URL", click Website .
- Enter your URLs in the appropriate fields. Note: If you add a menu, it must meet the Google My Business menu URL guidelines to be eligible to appear in your listing.
- Click Apply.
Attributes tell customers more about your business (e.g. "Has Wi-Fi", "Offers outdoor seating", etc.). You can edit certain factual attributes (like outdoor seating), while subjective attributes (like whether your business is popular with locals) rely on the opinions of Google users who have visited your business.
To add or remove attributes available for your business category, click Attributes .
Tip: If you own or manage a doctor profile, you can edit your gender information in Attributes. If you want to remove your gender information, contact us.
Enter a brief description of your business – what you offer, what sets you apart, your history or anything else that's helpful for customers to know. Focus primarily on details about your business instead of details about promotions, prices or sales. Don't include URLs or HTML code, or exceed 750 characters in the description field. For the full list of guidelines, read business description guidelines.
Example: We're an independent ice cream shop located steps from the centre of town, and are proud to be the favourite for locals to meet friends for a cone or call for a fresh pizza, delivered straight to their home. We serve 35 flavours of home-made, hand-churned ice creams and sorbets year-round and the pizza oven churns out delicious hot pies every day from midday until closing time. Come and see us today!
Add an opening date to your Google My Business listing to tell customers when your business first opened, or will open, at its address.
Only the year and month of your opening date are required. You can enter a date up to one year in the future, but it won't show on Google until 90 days before the date.
Use the Menu and Services Editor to keep your menu items or services, along with their prices, accurate. Organise your menu by grouping items or services into sections. When customers find your Business Profile on Google Maps on their mobile devices, they'll see your items under either "Menu" or "Services" because those are available only on mobile apps.
This feature is available to food and drink, health and beauty and service businesses. All businesses in these categories which have existing third-party menus will have access to the Menu or Services Editor.
Also, businesses using structured menus or service lists provided by third-party sources will see empty menu or service editors in their Google My Business dashboard. If there are third-party menu sources, any changes to the Menu, Services or Product Editor will delete them.
Note: The Menu and Services Editor won’t affect the use of the Popular Dishes features.
To check whether your menu or services lists are provided by a third party:
- On your mobile device, open Google Maps .
- In the search bar, enter your business’ name.
- To confirm whether you have a menu or services list, in your Business Profile, tap Menu.
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple listings, open the location that you’d like to manage.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
If the "Menu" or "Services" sections are empty, your current live menu or services list is provided by third-party sources. If there are any changes to the Menu, Services or Product Editor, these lists will be overwritten.
Any check-in and check-out times entered by the business will be viewable on their business listing.
To ensure that hotel listings are accurate, Google also collects check-in and check-out information from a variety of trusted sources (e.g. user reports and licensed content). Business owners can choose whether to automatically accept these updates.