Edit your business information
The information you provide plays a critical role in ensuring business information on Google is accurate and up to date.
To submit changes to business information--address, phone number, hours, etc.--you see on Google Maps, Search, and other properties, follow the steps below.
Edit your business information
- Log in to Google My Business and choose the page you’d like to manage.
- If you haven’t already added and verified your business, you’ll need to do so in order for your edits to be eligible to appear on Google. Follow these steps to get started.
- Click Edit in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears. Click the X next to the section you’d like to delete to remove it.
- Click Done editing.
Closed or moved business
Follow these steps to mark your business as closed or moved without deleting your account.
Report a problem with someone else’s business
If you see something wrong with a business you don’t own or manage, you can report it using Google Maps.
Types of editsBusiness Name
You should represent your business exactly as it appears in the offline world. Note that changing your business name in between the postcard request and verification code entry stages of verification will cause the verification process to reset. For more information, see the Google My Business quality guidelines.
Enter the complete and exact address for your business location. Read our address entry guidelines for more recommendations.
Note that changing your address in between the postcard request and verification code entry stages of verification will cause the verification process to reset.
You can update the phone number, website URL, and email address for your business here.
All locations of a business must share the one category--the “Primary Category”--that best represents the business. Choose a category that is specific as possible, but representative of your main business. If you enter several categories, the category entered in the first field will be selected as your primary category.
You may also choose up to nine more additional categories. If you can't find a category for your business, choose one that is more general.
- Do not use categories solely as keywords or to describe attributes of your business.
- Do not use categories that pertain to other businesses that are nearby or related, such as a business physically contained within your business or an entity that contains your business.
Check our guidelines for more information on using categories.
To add the hours that your business is open:
- Select a day of the week from the first drop-down menu.
- Chose what time your business opens on that day from the options in the second box.
- In the third box, select when your business closes for that day.
- To add another day of the week, click Add Hours and repeat the process.
- Once you’re done, click Save.
You can delete any hours you’ve added by clicking the X next to the line entry.
Breaks in business hours
If your business is closed for part of the day and then reopens, you can create two entries for the same day with the different times, and they will be grouped together on your business information. For example, consider your business is open from 9am-2pm on Saturdays, closed from 2pm-5pm, then open again from 5pm-10pm. To show this on your business, you’d enter in the first open time by choosing Saturday, 9:00am, and 2:00pm. Then, you’d click Add hours and choose Saturday again for the day, but this time enter 5:00pm and 10:00pm as the opening hours.
24 hour businesses
To indicate you’re open 24 hours on a given day, enter 12:00am - 12:00am. To indicate you’re open every day at all times, select all days of the week and enter 12:00am - 12:00am.
To change your hours for holidays or other periods, follow the steps above. Updates you make to hours may appear live almost as soon as you make them, so don’t make changes unless you’re ready for them to appear live to your customers. Don’t forget to change back your usual hours once the seasonal period ends.
Add a brief description of your business here. This is where you can introduce yourself to your customers and teach them about your business.
Add and manage photos of your business. Learn more about adding photos to a page.