You can add your business information to Google Maps, Search and other Google properties with Google My Business. Create or get access to a Business Profile on Google and manage how your business information appears across Google, including Search and Maps.
Add your business through Google My Business
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Sign in to your Google Account, or create one. Then, click Next.
- Sign up with your business email domain since this account will be for your chain. Enter the name of your business or chain. If you have a chain, you can also select it from the suggestions that display as you type.
- Enter your business’ or chain’s address. Then, click Next.
- You may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your business or chain’s branch on a map. If your business doesn’t have a physical location but operates within a service area, you can list the area instead. Then, click Next.
- Choose how your business will display on Google Maps.
- If you serve customers at your business address:
- Enter your business address.
- Click Next. If you also serve customers outside your business address, you'll have the option to list your service areas as well.
- If you don't serve customers at your business address:
- Enter your business address.
- At the bottom, click I deliver goods and services to my customers Next.
- List your service areas, then click Next.
- Search for and select a business category. Then, click Next.
- Enter a phone number or website URL, then click Finish.
- You'll also have the option to create a free website based on your information. It’s recommended that you provide the individual phone number or store page for each location, rather than a single centralised call centre.
- Select a verification option. It's recommended that you review your information before you verify it.
- To verify now, at the top, find the red banner and click Verify now.
- To verify later, click Verify later Later.
- If you’re not authorised to manage the Business Profile for the chain, find the person in your organisation who’s authorised and continue the process.
Tip: If you see a page that says 'This listing has already been claimed', click Request access. Then, follow the directions to claim your business. Learn more about how to request ownership.
Add your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, sign in to Google Maps.
- You can add your business in three ways:
- Enter your address in the search bar. On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Right-click anywhere on the map. Then, click Add your business.
- In the top left, click Menu Add your business.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish signing up for Google My Business.
Claim your business through Google Maps
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the search bar, enter the business name.
- Click the business name and choose the correct one.
- Click Claim this business Manage now.
- To choose a different business, click I own or manage another business.
- Select a verification option, and follow the on-screen steps.