Important: Quote requests via email are only available to select businesses.
When customers search for your business, they can request a quote directly from your Business Profile on Google. You’ll get their requests directly via your email.
Eligibility to send and receive quotes emails
Important: Site Managers can't send or receive quote emails.
- Only verified Owners and Managers that have accepted an invitation to be an owner or manager can send messages.
- Emails must come from a verified Owner or Manager email address to be sent successfully.
How it works
If you turn on Quote requests, a "Request a quote" button may show up on your Business Profile in search results. Customers can use the button to fill out a form that has been tailored to your business category and request a quote from your business.
When a customer requests a quote, you'll get an email notification with details of the quote request. You can quickly reply inline to customers and continue the conversation via email, or you can call customers directly if they provided their phone number. This option makes it easy for you to review quote requests and connect with potential customers.
When you get a new quote request email, it’s important to reply within 24 hours.
Turn “Quote requests" on or off
Tip: You can turn the Quote requests feature on at any time.
- Sign in to the Google Account you used to sign up for Business Profile.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name. You can also search for “my business.”
- In the menu above the search results, click Customers.
- Select Quote requests.
- Click More Quote requests settings.
- Set Turn on quote requests on or off.
Manage quote requests
Stay organized & engagedKnow when other owners or managers respond to a quote
If you want to review previous email responses to and from a customer, you can set up email threading. Quotes conversations work best when emails are threaded, especially for users that receive a high volume of requests.
- Quote request email conversations expire one year after the last message in the conversation is sent.
- After expiration, replies by you or your customer will bounce back.
- Create an email filter for incoming quote requests in your inbox.
- Set up Gmail notifications on your desktop and or phone.
- You can use the “Important notifications on” setting.
- Learn how to set up Gmail notifications.
- Next to the Google quote request emails, click Important . This teaches your inbox to mark the quotes as important in the future.
When you get a quote request, you should reply within 24 hours. This helps promote trust and encourage engagement with your business. To encourage timely responses, we may deactivate quote requests for your business if you don't respond within the time frame.
You can find and track your average response time in a recent quote request email. These insights display the average wait time for a quote request response using the last 180 days of data.
Reduce engagementBlock a customer conversation
- Scroll to the bottom of the customer’s quote request or any response email.
- Click Block this conversation.
When you block a conversation, keep in mind:
- The customer isn’t made aware of the block. This is to protect your privacy.
- The customer can’t contact your business using the quote request feature about current or future requests.
- You’ll still get email notifications for features not related to quote requests.
- You'll continue to get quote request emails from other customers.
Your customers can also block a conversation. They’ll get a link in the body of your response email that allows them to block a conversation if they no longer want to engage with your business.
If you no longer want to receive quote emails at your email address, at the bottom of any quote email, click Unsubscribe.
Keep in mind:
- This doesn’t turn off the Quote requests feature for your business. The button will still exist on your Business Profile.
- If one owner or manager from your business unsubscribes, other owners and managers of your business will continue to receive Quote requests emails.