Google Books traffic reports include information about the preview pages for your books on Google Books. (Traffic data for Google Play is unavailable at this time.)
To access your traffic reports, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Partner Center at play.google.com/books/publish/.
- Go to the Analytics & Reports page.
- Select Google Books Traffic Report as the report type.
- Select either All Time or Date range. Dates should be entered in this format: YYYY-MM-DD
- Choose to organize data by day, by month, or by book.
- Click the Export Complete Report button to download the report as a tab-separated file, which you can open in most spreadsheet programs.
You'll find the following information in your report:
|Date or Month||The time period. This column appears in the report if data is organized by day or by month.|
|Primary ISBN||The primary identifier (e.g., ISBN) of the book. This column appears in the report if data is organized by book.|
|Book Visits (BV)||A Book Visit is registered each time a unique user views one of your books on Google Books. This number includes informational page views (such as the "About this book" page) as well as preview content page views.|
|BV with Pages Viewed||The number of Book Visits in which users accessed preview pages of your book. This doesn't include visits where a user accessed only informational pages for your books.|
|Non-Unique Buy Clicks||The number of clicks on links for purchasing the book on retailer websites (including your website, if you provided a buy link).|
|BV with Buy Clicks||The number of visits which included a click on a purchase link.|
|Buy Link CTR||The clickthrough rate for purchase links.|
|Pages Viewed||The total number of unique preview content pages that a user viewed in a given session (counted as a 24-hour period). If a user views the same page of your book twice during a session, only a single page view is registered.|