Add a single book
Provide book settings
- Sign in to the Partner Center.
- On the left, click Book Catalog.
- Click Add book.
- Enter the ISBN, if your book has one. You can enter either the 10-digit or 13-digit ISBN. If you don't have an ISBN for the book, check the box next to "This book doesn't have an ISBN or other identifier" to assign a Google-only identifier (prefixed with
GGKEY) to your book.
- To select the correct book format, click the drop-down menu. If this identifier is the same for the physical edition and digital version, select the correct physical format. If the identifier is unique for the digital version, select Digital.
- If you have multiple templates in your account, select the template with the default settings you'd like to apply to this book.
- Click Create.
- Provide as much information as possible about the book. To navigate to different tabs, click on the name of each tab.
- On the Metadata tab, enter basic bibliographic information such as the book format, title, and contributor (author).
- On the Content tab, you can upload the files for this book.
- On the Prices tab, specify where you want to sell the book and for how much. Learn supported countries for Google Play Books.
- On the Settings tab, configure preview and distribution settings for this book.
When you're ready to submit files for this book, go to the Content tab and follow the steps for uploading the content and cover.
Upload content and cover files
- For the book you want to upload, go to the Content tab and click Upload content.
- To select the files for this book from your computer, click Choose files. You can upload multiple files at one time, although each file must be less than 2 GB. Please be sure to follow our filename guidelines. Successfully uploaded files will be listed on this tab.
Publish the book
- For the book you want to publish, go to the Publish tab. Click PublishReady to publish. If your account is based in a country where you can sell books on Google Play, you can choose where your book should become available:
- Publish to Google Play and Google Books will display your book both on Google Books and in the Google Play Store.
- Publish to Google Books only will display your book on Google Books, with the full text searchable and the specified percentage available to read online.
- The book will immediately appear in your Book Catalog and be published within 24 hours.