In order to receive payments, you must have a local business address and local bank account in at least one of the countries supported for payment. If you're selling books on Google Play in the U.S., you'll also need to provide tax information.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly deposits your Google Play earnings into your bank account to speed up and simplify the payment process. EFT is fast, secure, and environmentally friendly, and it's the Google-recommended payment method. EFT deposits are made in the local currency of the bank account that you specify.
For bank accounts in some countries, Google makes deposits via wire transfer in USD:
At this time, Google doesn't offer alternative payment methods for sales revenue for books on Google Play.
Payment profiles let you specify how Google should pay you for Google Play sales revenue. When you assign a payment profile to a sales territory, payments for any sales in those countries will be made according to that profile's settings. You can use the same payment profile for multiple sales territories. If a payment profile isn't associated with a sales territory, its status will show as inactive.
You can access your payment profiles by signing in to your account at play.google.com/books/publish/ and navigating to the Payment Center.
Create a new payment profile
- In the Payment Profiles section of the Payment Center, click the Add a Payment Profile button.
- Enter a profile name. We suggest indicating the country and currency for this payment profile.
- Enter your business information, including your business name, contact name, address, and phone number.
- Review the necessary documents. If you agree, continue by checking the box labeled I have read and accept these documents.
- Click the Complete Signup button. Your payment profile will now be listed.
- Follow the next set of instructions to associate a bank account with this payment profile.
Add a new bank account
- Click the edit link next to the payment profile.
- Click the Add a new bank account or Add new form of payment button.
- Enter your bank account information.
- The box labeled Make this my selection for future payments is checked by default. Do not uncheck this box unless you're providing bank account settings that you don't wish to activate yet.
- Click the Save button.
- Newly added bank accounts must be verified unless they're located in a country where Google makes deposits via wire transfer.
Verify a bank account
We'll ask you to verify ownership of any bank account you add to your account, unless the bank account is in a country where Google makes deposits via wire transfer.
- After you add a new bank account, Google will make a small deposit within two business days. (Your bank may take up to three additional days to register the transaction.)
- Review your online bank statement or contact your bank to locate the deposit, which will be labeled as GOOGLE DEPOSIT or something similar.
- In the Payment Center of your account, edit the payment profile with the bank account you wish to verify.
- Click Verify test deposit and enter the deposit amount.
- Click the Submit button.
If you sell any books before you verify your bank account, your account will accrue the amount owed to you until you can receive payments.
Edit bank account information
You can't directly edit a bank account number. If you'd like to change your bank account information, edit the payment profile and add a new bank account with the updated details. Make sure to check the box labeled Make this my selection for future payments.
You'll need to verify the new bank account unless it's in a country where Google makes deposits via wire transfer.
Optionally, you can remove the details for the old bank account.
Multiple bank accounts
If you want payments to be made to more than one bank account, set up additional payment profiles. Only one bank account can be active for each payment profile, but if you have multiple sales territories, you can associate a different payment profile with each sales territory.
Google's obligations in paying your share of sales revenue can be found in the Google Editions addendum. In many cases, Google will initiate a payment once each month within two business days after the end of the previous calendar month, if your bank account has been verified and you've reached a minimum balance, which varies by region. This payment will be based on any financial transactions, such as sales, refunds, or chargebacks, which occurred during the previous calendar month.
Note that Google doesn't make payments on weekends or on bank holidays, and that it may take your bank up to three additional business days to register the payment in your account. To learn more about your bank's turnaround time for electronically deposited funds, please contact your bank representative.
Minimum balance for payment
Payments made via wire transfer require a balance of at least US$100.
The minimum balance for payments via EFT varies depending on the currency of the payment. For payments made in U.S. dollars, the minimum amount is US$1.00. Minimum amounts for other currencies are in a similar range. You can check this amount by visiting the Payment Center, editing the payment profile, then checking the threshold listed by the payment schedule.
If you have multiple payment profiles, you'll receive a separate payment for each profile, subject to its own minimum payment amount.
Earnings reports are generated on a monthly basis. See more information about accessing and reading earnings reports.