Book settings: Google Play settings
Pricing and distribution settings are required for each book you wish to sell on Google Play. You can access these settings by visiting your Book Catalog, clicking on a book's title, then clicking Google Play settings.
If you wish to edit settings for multiple books at once, consider using a spreadsheet.
When you add a new price, you'll see a row with the following text:
Currency Price for Countries
Click Currency to enter the currency, formatted as a three-letter ISO 4217 code (e.g.,
USDfor U.S. dollars).
Click Price to enter the numeric price. For free books, enter
Click Countries to enter the countries where you'd like this price to apply, formatted according to our guidelines.
- If you've enabled currency conversion, you can list countries that use a different currency than the one you specified. Your converted prices will be based on your list price.
- If you're not using the currency conversion tool, you should provide separate list prices in the local currency for each country where you wish to sell the book.
Click More details to access additional settings:
- Tax included in price: Check this box if your price is tax-inclusive.
- I'm subject to Fixed Book Price laws: Check this box if you're subject to fixed book price laws in the countries where this price applies. This option is only available if you indicated that fixed pricing laws apply to one of your sales territories.
Optional start and end date for your price: This setting is recommended for use with a new additional price when you already have an existing price. If you wish to schedule a price change in the future, enter the start and end dates for the period when the new price should be in effect. Use the format YYYY-MM-DD. The price will take effect at 00:00 (midnight) on the start date, and expire at 23:59 on the end date, according to the buyer's time zone.
- Provide prices scheduled for the future at least one day in advance of the start date.
- You can make the price effective for one day only by using the same date for the start date and end date.
- To make the new price permanent, leave the end date blank.
- If you do include an end date and want your book to continue to be available for sale afterward, make sure your book has another price that will take effect immediately afterward.
- For instructions on providing scheduled price changes via ONIX, see our ONIX 2.1 specification for promotional prices.
Make sure to click Save when you're done adding or editing your prices.
To delete a price, click the X in the top right corner of the row.
On Sale Date: Leave this field blank if the book can be made available for sale on Google Play immediately. If the book is under embargo, enter a date in the future to prevent the book from becoming available for sale before that date. Use the format
This setting doesn't prevent your book from becoming available for preview on Google Books. A book which is enabled for sale, even with a future On Sale Date, will be previewable unless you also adjust your Google Books settings and set the option labeled No Preview Before On Sale Date.
DRM Enabled: Check this box if you want to apply Digital Rights Management (DRM) to your book.
Show Photos in eBook: Check this box if you have the rights to include images in the eBook. If a book contains a significant number of images, we can sell it only if this box is checked or if we receive an ePub file.
Only Display Flowing Text From an ePub I Provided: Google converts selected books into ePub format. Check this box if you would prefer to sell the book in ePub format only if you directly provided the ePub file.
Include Scanned Pages: Check this box if you wish to sell the book in PDF format.
Copy / Paste Percentage: The percentage of the book which can be copied and pasted elsewhere by buyers.