How can I link to a search for a specific author or title on Google Books?
The easiest way to get a link to a specific title or author in Google Books is to visit the "Advanced Search" page and enter what you are searching for in the appropriate field (title, author, ISBN, date, etc). After clicking "Google Search", you will be taken to a results page. Just copy and paste the URL from your browser -- the link will show the same results.
You can also create links for your site in the following ways:
- If you know a book's ISBN, you can construct a URL like this: http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0060930314
- For subject or word searches, use: http://books.google.com/books?q=[query] (do not include the brackets).
- For a normal search, just add words to the query: http://books.google.com/books?q=scarlet+letter (replace spaces by plus signs).
- To create a link for a title search, use the 'intitle' operator: http://books.google.com/books?q=intitle:scarlet+intitle:letter
- For author searches, use 'inauthor': http://books.google.com/books?q=intitle:nathaniel+intitle:hawthorne
- You can create a link to books in a specific a date range with 'date': http://books.google.com/books?q=intitle:nathaniel+intitle :hawthorne+date:1850-1870