Import and export bookmarks
The easiest way to import bookmarks from another site or account, or from your browser, is to first export your bookmarks as an HTML file. You can import these bookmarks to Firefox, and then use Google Toolbar to import them to Google Bookmarks. To follow this process, you must have Firefox, and must have installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox plugin.
Most bookmarking sites or browsers have detailed information on how to export bookmarks. Try searching their Help content for "export bookmarks".
- In the browser with the bookmarks you want to upload to Google bookmarks, export your bookmarks into an HTML file.
- In Firefox, click Bookmarks and then click Organize Bookmarks.
- In the bookmark manager, click Import and Backup, and then click Import HTML.
- Select the HTML file you created in step 1.
- On the Google Toolbar, click Bookmarks, and then click Import Firefox Bookmarks. If you can't see the Bookmarks button, look for a chevron » button at the end of your Toolbar. Click the chevron to see your additional buttons. (If you still don't see the button, make sure that Bookmarks have been enabled for the Toolbar.
- Select the bookmarks you want to import, and then click Import.
If you want to use your bookmarks with another bookmarking tool or Google account, follow the steps below to export them.
- On the Bookmarks home page, under Tools, click Export bookmarks. If you have a lot of labels, you may need to scroll to the bottom of the labels list to see this link.
- Your bookmarks are exported as an HTML file which you can save to your desired location or import to an existing Google Account.