This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Introducing Google's Product Experts Program! 0 Recommended Answers 0 Replies 1946 Upvotes
Last edited 3/5/19
Google’s Product Experts are some of our most active and helpful forum members. With over 1000 members globally, this community of experts helps thousands of people every year by sharing their knowledge and helping others get the most out of Google products.
When you ask a question in this Community, you’ll very likely come across a Blogger Product Expert. So to help familiarize you with who they are, please check out the below guide:
- Silver Product Expert: newer members developing their product knowledge
- Gold Product Expert: trusted members who are knowledgeable and active contributors
- Platinum Product Expert: the most seasoned members who contribute beyond providing help, through mentoring, creating content, and more
- Product Expert Alumni: Past members who are no longer active, but were previously recognized for their helpfulness
- Recommended Answers: Badge awarded to forum members whose posts have been marked as Recommended Answers
- Google Employees: Guides and Community Managers who work at Google
- Community Specialists: Google partners who lend their expertise to help maintain our communities
And remember: Product Experts don’t work for Google. They’re regular users who are simply passionate about Google products and enjoy helping others. So, the next time you get a response from a user with a ,, , or , be sure to say thanks -- it might just brighten their day!
Chris - Blogger Community Manager
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.