Report inappropriate content
Blogger is a platform for free speech. We don’t monitor content or mediate disputes.
If an author’s contact information is listed on their blog, contact them directly to ask them to remove or change the content in question.
If you have tried to contact the author without success and still believe a blog violates our Terms of Service or Content Policy, select the abuse type below to contact us.
A copy of every removal notice we receive related to Blogger is sent to the Lumen project complaint database.
We also disclose the number and nature of government requests for content removal twice a year in our Transparency Report.
Blogger respects the rights of copyright holders and complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable copyright laws. When we receive proper notice as required by the DMCA, we will work to promptly remove content that has been identified as copyright infringement.
Repeat infringers' blogs are removed, and in appropriate instances, Blogger accounts will be terminated.
If you believe we've removed content from your blog in error, you can file a counter notice.Learn more about legal issues for bloggers.
Do not use Blogger to promote or sell regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices.
Blogger doesn’t remove blogs that contain insults or negative commentary.
We do remove content that:
- promotes hatred or violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- is shocking or graphic, without more context or commentary
- threatens others
Blogger does not allow harassment or bullying.
If a blog includes content that exploits children, we will:
- Report the blog to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Delete the blog
Blogger does not allow the following:
- Adult material used for commercial gain or containing ads and links to commercial porn websites.
- Illegal sexual content, including image, video or textual content that depicts or encourages rape, incest, bestiality, or necrophilia, is also prohibited.
- Private nude or sexually explicit images or videos posted without the subject’s consent.
Other adult content is allowed on Blogger, but anyone may flag content on Blogger that they find offensive. We may show a warning before someone can view flagged material.
You can report the unauthorized disclosure of confidential information and non-consensual sexual content about you.
Note: The mention of publicly available information does not constitute a disclosure of confidential information.
If someone else is using your real name in their profile, let us know.
Note: We don’t take action if someone is using your name as a parody or satire. We also don’t share the owners behind nicknames, handles, or screen names.
If you believe someone else is being impersonated, have them fill out this form.
If someone is pretending to be your company or organization, let us know.
Note: Content that talks about an entity is not considered impersonation.
This form should be completed by an official representative of the company or organization.
Please submit each blog only once. We review every submission and take action as necessary.
Blogger may take these steps:
- Remove content.
- Place a warning page before the content in question.
- Notify the authors and admins by email or message on their Blogger dashboard.
- Post a message that the content has been removed.
- Provide a link to a copy of the removal notice.