Prevent unwanted comments and comment spam
Blogger has several built-in measures for dealing with comment spam and other associated dastardly behavior.
- Only five html tags are accepted:
<a>(for making links)
<b>(for making text bold)
<i>(for making text italicicized)
- All links will automagically use the
rel="nofollow"tag, so they'll receive no PageRank boost.
- You can choose to receive notification by email when new comments have been posted on your blog. This way, you can monitor them for spam and delete them when necessary.
- You can enable word verification for your comments. This will require an extra step in the commenting process, which will deter automated comment spamming systems.
- You can enable comment moderation, which will let you view new comments and approve or reject them before they appear on your blog.
Was this article helpful?