Technical integration for Authorized Buyers
Use this guide as you complete your technical integration, referencing the additional information linked throughout. Before you get started, you should be familiar with the associated technical information. Also, be sure to review the policies and requirements for third-party ad serving. All vendors need to be certified and declared before they are eligible to serve.
Click to expand each of the three basic steps of the integration process to see detailed information on the requirements for each. Also included are some suggestions and optional steps you may wish to complete.
Ensure that Google only sends impressions that match the desired targeting criteria for your campaigns. You can do this by setting up configurations to "pre-target" impressions. The configuration process can be done via the user interface, or using the REST API. Learn more
Connect your https bidder endpoints to the appropriate trading locations. Your account team will assist with your first configuration but afterwards changes can be made with the REST API.To receive all possible impressions, you need to have servers reachable from all locations.
If you only want a subset of impressions, it may be sufficient to run servers in a subset of locations. Learn more about bidder locations.
- Configure testing QPS with the REST API or contact your account team to connect them for you. The recommended minimum QPS is 500.
- (Optional) Set up the cookie matching service. Send your account team an HTTPS cookie matching URL.
Provide an email addresses and API project service account email to your account team in order to authorize access to your Google Cloud Storage Account.
- Send your account team a public PGP key to receive a decryption key. This will be needed to decrypt winning price information if your creative wins.
- Once your bidder is connected it will be in "Testing Mode". Testing mode allows your bidder to receive live traffic but automatically excludes your bids from the auction. This allows you to test without paying for the served ads.
- Monitor bidding activity in the account UI by looking at the Bidding health and RTB Breakout sections under the Troubleshooting tab or by using the REST API.
- Gradually increase your assigned QPS to load test your bidder and determine bid response latency. This can be done using the REST API or your account team can assist with configuration.
- Once your bidder performance meets your expectations, contact your account team to disable "Testing Mode" so your bid responses can compete in the auction.
Once you've completed all of the items in the steps above, your bidder is fully integrated and you're able to buy impressions.
Each creative and landing page will be reviewed prior to serving. If either are found to be non-compliant with our policies, the ad will be disapproved and filtered from all auctions. Learn about the ad approval process.