To gain valuable insights into historic performance data, use the date range comparison option. This feature enables you to view performance comparisons between two specific date ranges. The data gathered from these comparisons can provide vital information needed to identify trends and take appropriate action to meet business needs.
Define your query
- Click on the Query Tool tab.
- Click New query. The "New query" page loads.
- Enter a meaningful name (maximum of 128 characters).
- (Optional) Enter a description that explains the query’s purpose (maximum of 255 characters).
Select a date range
- To select a date range, click edit.
- Select the Predefined dates type.
- Select from a list of "predefined" date ranges.
- Click Add a date range comparison.
The predefined date range you chose in the previous step serves as the base date range in the start and end date fields. For example, let’s say today is April 21, 2014. If you selected last week as your predefined date range, the start and end dates would display April 14, 2014 through April 20, 2014.To discard a date range comparison, click Remove date range comparison.
- In the Start date and End date, specify the date range you want to compare against the base date range. Comparisons greater than two years are not supported.
The second date range does not have to match the type of time interval of the predefined date range selected. For example, if your predefined date range is a month, the date range you want to compare can be a week.
- From the report currency drop-down, select the local currency in which you'd like your report to be displayed.
If you view reporting data in a different currency, the currency in which you are paid in is not affected. In other words, a report viewed in another currency does not change the currency associated with your Authorized Buyers account.
Customize your query and run your report
- (Optional) To refine your report data, use the filtering options.
- To customize your query, you have the opportunity to select dimensions and metrics.
To help you start your query, the "Ad impressions" metric is selected, by default.
- To complete the process, you have four drop-down options: