/assistant/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google assistant keeps crashing after opening and I don't know what's causing it
Restarting my phone, uninstalling the Google app and reinstalling it, I'm not sure what to do
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (64)
Relevant Answer
My phone's software is 7.1.1
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Everything else on my phone works
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
What are you telling
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My assistant quit taking voice commands 3-4 days ago. My Android version is 7.0 - my Google app version is 8.14.15.21.arm - I have 40 GB of unused storage. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Google app - I have cleared the cache on my Google app. I have done voice recognition. I press on the app and it asks what it can do for me - I tell it and then I get the message Google has stopped. Fyi- voice commands work fine on my Google speaker.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried to do that too  but I get the same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Anyone else have a S9 and think it might be a conflict with Bixby?  It's a guess, but I don't know how to test it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is something I'm dealing with too, on support with google fi support!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google pixel XL and running pie. Assistant force closes every time.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mine too. If I use the Google widget on the main screen and hit the mic button it works fine. But the squueze fiction and simply saying 'Ok Google's launches assistant, then instantly crashes. Tried all the update options, training it from scratch and still no joy!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello,
I had the same issue. Do you have any google home device? like home mini etc. In my case, this device was catching my ok google command, so then assistant on my smartphone was automaticly terminated.
In that case, just try in another room :D
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I v have a Google phone pixel XL 2 and my shopping list and timer always make ok Google crashes
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a lg v20 and same as above, shopping list and timer requests make it crash. I'm pretty feed up.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
SAME! I have always been using it to set timers quickly but apparently I stopped working last week which was a bummer I thought I had it set and have been waiting for it to go off but it didn't so I ended up with overcooked food
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Maaan my google assistant keeps crashing!!! It's been like this for some weeks now. I can no longer use it to set alarm as i usually do in the past
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google pixel 3 here with the same problem. The phone is less than a week old.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Google Assistant keeps shutting down, I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck... Weird thing is some settings are still functional... Like routines... My alarm will go on and my Google Assistant provides me with my routines but I can make Google Assistant work on command or if I try to open the actual app
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The assistant seems to always come up saying cant reach google at the moment.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Try updating your phone or chrome
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My iphone 7 started doing this today I have ten smart devices a iphone 7 and five mini’s they all work cant open the app at all in my phone as ofvtoday it keeps crashing
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am facing the same problem of Google Assistant Crashing everytime I ask a question... I go and clear the Cache, Restart my phone, use the Google Assistant, it crashes again and doesn't work now... I need to perform above steps again. It's frustrating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Please I need help! this issue started 2 weeks ago now. Posted a bug report in Android Bug report webpage, and nothing! 
My Assistant is instantly crashing as soon as I summon it! I've tried everything, cleaning cache, uninstalling updated in Google App, cleaning data in Google App....nothing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Having the same problem - google assistant tries to open a web search when given a command and then freezes the phone. Brand new Note 10. Incredibly frustrating. Welcome any help here.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same exact problem.  Note 10 freezing when opening
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
  Every time the Google assistant is opened all of the apps and screen freeze up. The only thing that works are the back button, and the side power/volume buttons on the Galaxy note 10+. 
( Everything has been updated, and the phone is only 24 hours old).
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue Steve
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here... Crashing and closing when opening... Sometimes it opens... Sometimes it doesn't... When it opens it freezes. Pixel 3, Android 10.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Those of you on Android 10

Try each of the following steps before moving on to the next to see if your Google Assistant issue is resolved:

What happens if you turn your Android phone OFF and back ON. I do this step after every device os update.

Check to see if all of your installed apps on Google Play automatically update at https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en

Open Google Play Store > search for Google (G) app > open app > Uninstall > OK > Update > wait for update to install > Restart phone
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried the following steps:
- turning off and on
- restarting
- clearing Google App cache

But the only thing that worked was clearing all data from the Google app. Now assistant is working again. And now I can set voice match (it wasn't recognizing my voice before)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This works to me, but once you use voice control, always crashed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issue. You clear the storage and it "forgets" your voice and once you set that it crashed again. ... The "ok, Google" feature.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It seems like something wrong at Google's voice recgonization service, maybe it would be fixed few days later. Let's see...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This issue started right now for me. Was working yesterday! Xiaomi Mi 9.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does anyone know what wrong must be a recent software glitch it happened to my moto as well
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Me too. I say OK Google, it opens briefly and then immediately closes again. Nothing freezes it just doesn't stay open long enough to ask a question. Very annoying I use it a lot. Anyone got a fix?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Me to help. Anyone know a fix
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am facing the same issue as you guys once I say ok Google it automatically crashes and restart the application my phone is Google pixel 3a XL which I recently bought
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here on Pixel 2XL
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same with my S10E after the Google update. So freaking annoying. Next phone will be Apple if this shit continues
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello I'm using the note 10 and everytime i say hey google it crashes the second it opens
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here on a Verizon Note 8.  I've cleared cache and all data with no change.  I was able to get it working by uninstalling the Google app and using the default version that came with my phone.  That's not really a solution since I can't use the newest features, like dark mode, in the Google app.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm in the same boat. After saying "Hey Google," it listens, recognises my voice and crash as it begins to carry out my request. Google search via voice works fine when using the voice icon on the search bar, but the assistant from the home screen keeps crashing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
A TEMPORARY fix for this would be:

After clearing cache/storage of the 'Google' app, bring up Google Assistant's settings and MANUALLY turn on 'Voice Match', 'Use Screen Context' and all the settings. 

DO NOT 

DO NOT click 'Get Started', that seems to be the problem. The little blue toast would hang around there till a future fix but the assistant itself would be functional.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was having the same issue (pixel 3) after updating my phone. I "uninstalled updates" and set the Google App back to factory settings, and now I can use the service.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My google assistant worked fine on my Pixel 2 ever since I got it, then suddenly yesterday it started recognizing my request but then crashing.  I uninstalled the update and it works fine.  New is not necessarily forward.  I'm confident most of the updates are for google's benefit, not mine.  I also think it is more responsive now.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
so this google apps crashing problem after android updates are going on for a year now and is not fixed???
I am not doing any android updates till it will be fixed.

I have Samsung A8 SM-A530F
google app 10.87.15.21.arm64
android 9 security patch - 1 October 2019
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/assistant/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic