/assistant/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Hey google totally stopped working on all 4 phones
THIS is why Google fails! First, their online support is outdated info!
I have 4 phones - all 4 worked perfectly 2 days ago! I have 1 phone I take to work with me every day, and relied on Hey Google many times a day! suddenly, it totally stopped working! wouldn't even activate! All settings were correct, nothing was changed! NOTE: I ALSO noticed Gmail and Youtube were having issues that day as well - this is a typical give away, this happens the same way every time Google updates something! So when i got home, I tried all my other phones, NONE responded to Ok Google! I retrained voice mode on ALL 4 phones! checked to make sure they were updated! EVERYTHING was fine! Went a step further and checked to see if the voice functions worked on other apps- everything was fine! Tested Bixby on my Samsung, worked like a charm! Went back to Google - NOTHING! Uninstalled Assistant on all 4 phones, re-installed on all 4 phones - NOTHING! No updated help what so ever on line! When initializing Hey Google via the button, there is also no volume - and EVERY volume control on my phone is active and working properly! I'm all done with Google, Hello Alexa!
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Relevant Answer
Um, wrong answer! It was working just fine then suddenly it stopped on all 4 phones! NOTHING was changed! It just stopped working! My phones are fine, Google just sucks! I'm seeing this problem all over.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Uninstall Google app updates. It'll work until it auto updates. Which it does, whether you want it to or not
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having similar issues though Google Assistant works partially. My issue is that as of the 26th or 27th I can text some but not all of my contacts using Google Assistant while the phone is locked. I see no reason why some contacts work and others do not.

I have tried the steps outlined in numerous posts. I opened two help requests with Google that resulted in an automated call that disconnected before a human spoke with me. Both tickets were closed with 'abandoned by customer'. I have a feeling Google is rather poor at customer service.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have had this issue with my Hauwie P30 pro for awhile. hey google will only work from time to time. i have check my mic and it working fine also made sure to cover up the other mics. I have tried everything to get it to work constantly every time but it's hit and miss but more misses then hits. PLEASE FIX !!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
same with a pixel 6pro .. updated to android 12's latest and suddenly no more hey google... or ok google...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
All my smartphones with Google Assistant stopped responding to "OK Google" command about 3 weeks ago.
Are You serious Google? 3 weeks later, still no solution on this?

Edit: checked options and Google Assistant was turned off on all devices after last update.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/assistant/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic