This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Hi everyone, Chris M here - Assistant Community Manager.
I’m excited to share that we’re bringing Assignable reminders to Google Assistant!
Assignable reminders on the Google Assistant help families and housemates better collaborate and stay organized while at home or on the go.
This means you can now create reminders for your partner or roommate to do things like:
- Pick up the groceries
- Pay a recurring bill
- Walk the dog
- Or send them a note of encouragement
The feature will be available over the next few weeks in English on phones, speakers and Smart Displays in the U.S., U.K. and Australia.
How Assignable reminders work
To assign a reminder, ask your Assistant, “Hey Google, remind Greg to take out the trash at 8pm.” Greg will get a notification on both his Assistant-enabled Smart Display and phone when the reminder is created, so that it’s on his radar.
Greg will get notified again at the exact time you asked your Assistant to remind him. You can even quickly see which reminders you’ve assigned to Greg, simply by saying, “Hey Google, what are my reminders for Greg?”
A few more details:
- Assignable reminders will also work for location-based reminders with a specific address or landmark.
- You can send and receive reminders only from people who are in your Google family group or those who have their accounts linked to the same Smart Display or speaker as you and are Voice Matched.
- The recipient must also be in a senders' Google Contacts.
- For parents who want to give their kids access to the Assistant on Google Home, you can create an account for kids under 13 (or the applicable age in your country) through Family Link, then link their Google Account and voice to Google Home. In addition, you have the control to block anyone from sending you reminders at any time through the new Assignable reminders section in Assistant Settings.
Chris M - Assistant Community Manager
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.