Use the Google Assistant on your car accessory
Use the button to control most actions on the Google Assistant car accessory.
Note: Some car accessory features may work differently depending on the manufacturer. Check your device's user manual for more info.
- Talk to the Google Assistant: Say "Ok Google" or long press the button.
- Stop the Google Assistant: Press the button.
- Get notifications: Say "Ok Google, read my notifications" or press the button on the accessory.
- Answer or end a call: Press the button to answer a call. Press the button again to end a call.
- Mute and unmute the microphone: Double press the button to mute. Double press the button again to unmute.
- Ignore an incoming call: Long press the button.
|Heard "Ok Google" and listening|
|Getting an answer|
|On a phone call|
|In pairing mode|
|Connected to phone|
|Disconnected from phone|
- "Navigate to [address]."
- "How’s the traffic to work?"
- "Share my ETA with [contact]."
- "What’s my next turn?"
- "Play some music."
- "Play [song name]."
- "Play the latest episode of [podcast name]."
- "Call Mom."
- "Text Dad."
- "Read my messages"
Learn more about what you can ask the Google Assistant.