Allow lock screen personal results on your Android phone
Note: This feature only works in some languages on phones running Android 8.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
On Android phones, you can control what kinds of info the Assistant will say or show when your phone is locked. You can turn on lock screen personal results to allow the Google Assistant to send personal communications, call your contacts, and read or show personal results from your:
- Email, including personal results from Gmail, like flight reservations and bills
- Google Calendar
- Memory aids
- Shopping lists
If you turn off lock screen personal results, you’ll need to unlock your phone to see and hear Assistant responses that include personal results.
- On your Android phone, touch and hold the Home button or say "OK Google."
- In the bottom right, tap .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Settings Assistant.
- Under "Assistant devices," select your phone.
- Turn on Access with Voice Match.
- Turn on Lock screen personal results.
How lock screen personal results work with other settings
If you turn on lock screen personal results, you’ll still need to unlock your phone to see Assistant responses or actions involving:
- Google Photos
- Requests to open other apps
- Questions about your name or address
If you add a Google Assistant routine to an alarm in the Clock app and include personal results, you'll still hear or see those personal results in the routine, even if you turn off lock screen personal results.