On Smart Displays, the Google Assistant is available in Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
Set up video calling
If you haven’t set up Duo yet on your Smart Display, follow these steps.
Important: If you already use Duo, make sure you connect your Google Account to your Duo phone number in the Duo app on your phone before following these steps.
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your Smart Display Settings Duo calling.
- Follow the steps.
If you have trouble with Duo after setting up your Smart Display, learn how to fix common problems.
To control your video call, use your voice or your screen.
Important: You must turn on personal results to call your contacts.
Start a call
- Say "Call [contact]" or "Video call [contact]."
- If you see a missed call on the screen, tap it.
End a call
- Say "End the call" or "Hang up."
- Tap End call.
Mute or unmute a call
- Say "Mute call" or "Unmute call."
- Tap Mute .
Turn off video
- Say "Turn off the camera."
- Tap Video .
- On the top of your screen, use the switch.
Answer or decline a call
- Say "Answer the call" or tap Answer.
- Say "Decline the call" or tap Decline.
Call your Smart Display
You can call your Smart Display from your phone.
- Make sure you have the Google Assistant on your phone.
- Check that you have Duo set up on your phone and your Google Account connected to your Duo phone number.
- Verify that you're using the same Google Account with Duo on your phone and on your Smart Display.
- On your phone, start a conversation with the Google Assistant and say "Video call [Smart Display name] or "Video call home."