Fix connection issues with your Smart Display or Smart Clock
If you're having one of these problems with your Smart Display or Smart Clock, you might have a problem with Smart Connect on your router:
- Your Smart Display or Smart Clock frequently disconnects from Wi-Fi
- You’re asked to set up your Smart Display or Smart Clock multiple times
Note: The languages you can use depend on the device. Learn which languages work on your device.
Step 1: Move your Smart Display or Smart Clock
Move your Smart Display or Smart Clock closer or farther away from your router.
Step 2: Turn off Smart Connect
If you still have problems with Wi-Fi after moving your Smart Display or Smart Clock, try these steps.
- Find your router’s manufacturer and model.
- Check with the manufacturer to find out if your router model has Smart Connect.
- If your router has Smart Connect, check with the manufacturer for steps on how to turn off Smart Connect.
Tip: Check your router manufacturer’s online support page.
Step 3: Unplug Smart Display or Smart Clock
If your router doesn’t have Smart Connect, or you turn off Smart Connect and your device keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi:
- Unplug your device for 1 minute.
- Plug your device back in.