Get help with your daily routines
You can ask your Google Assistant to help with routines throughout your day. Say one command and your Assistant can do multiple actions.
For example, if you say:
- “OK Google, good morning,” your Assistant can turn on the lights, tell you about the weather, play music or news, and more.
- “OK Google, let’s go home,” your Assistant can give a traffic update, send and read texts, play a podcast, and more.
- “OK Google, bedtime,” your Assistant can set an alarm, turn off lights, play sleep sounds, and more.
To see other routines you can get help with, follow steps 1—4 below.
Note: For now, this feature isn't available in all languages. Custom routines will become available over the next few days. If you don’t see them yet, check back soon.
Create or change a routine
- On your Android phone, touch and hold the Home button or say "OK Google."
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Scroll down, then tap Routines.
- Choose which kind of routine you want:
- Ready-made routine: Select an existing routine, then choose actions.
- Custom routine: Tap Add , then choose a command and action. To delete a custom routine, at the top, tap Delete .
- Optional: To change an action, tap Settings .
- Tap Save.
Note: Shortcuts will no longer be available in the Google Assistant. Your shortcuts will automatically be turned into custom routines.
Commands you can use
When you create a custom routine, you can enter a command that works with your Google Assistant or choose a popular action. Here are examples of commands you can use: