Find out what song is playing near you
You can ask your Google Assistant to identify songs playing around you.
On Android phones and tablets, the Google Assistant is available in Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese. More languages are coming soon.
Ask what song is playing around you
- On your phone, touch & hold the Home button or say "Ok Google."
- Ask "What’s this song?"
- (Optional) Choose to save or share the song:
- To add the song to a YouTube Music playlist, tap Add to Playlist.
- To share the song with someone, tap Share.
- To see the song in a different music app, pick a music service.
Find out what’s playing without asking (Pixel 2 & 3 only)
You can automatically get a notification on your lock screen that tells you what song is playing. Follow the steps to turn on Now Playing.