Customize your Google Assistant for Android TV
You can ask your Assistant to do more for you, like play songs from your favorite music services or control your smart home devices. To get these features, change the Google Assistant settings on your phone.
Step 1: Get the Google Assistant on your phone
- Make sure your phone has what it needs to work with the Google Assistant.
- Follow the steps to turn on the Google Assistant.
- On your Android phone or tablet, sign into the same Google Account you use on Android TV:
- See which account you’re using on Android TV: On your Android TV, go to Settings Accounts. The account will be selected.
- See or switch the account on your phone: Touch and hold the Home button. Tap More Account. Change or add the account to match the account on your Android TV.
Step 2: Customize your Google Assistant
- On your Android phone or tablet, touch and hold the Home button.
- At the top right, tap More Settings.
- Choose your default music provider, add smart home devices to control, and customize other settings.