Important: For now, this feature isn't available in all languages.
You can ask Google Assistant on your speaker, Smart Display, Smart Clock, or car to play radio stations by name or location.
- Say "Ok Google" or press the button to talk to Assistant.
- Say a command.
Try these commands
- Station name: “Play ESPN Radio.” “Play Mega 97.9 FM.” “Play Mega 97.9 on iHeartRadio.”
- Frequency: “Play 98.5.”
- Call sign: “Play KQED.” “Play KFOG.”
- Location: “Play Z100 in New York.”
- Nearby NPR station: “Play NPR.”
- Find info: “What’s playing?”
Control what's playing
- To pause or stop:
- “Stop the radio.”
- To resume:
- “ Resume.”
- “Continue playing.”
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percent (1–100%).
- Increase: “Turn it up.” (Increases volume by 10%).
- Decrease: “Turn it down.” (Decreases volume by 10%).
- Set a level: “Volume 5.”
- Set a percentage: “Volume to 65%.”
Control the radio in your car
With Assistant built-in, you can listen to the car radio or a radio app, like iHeartRadio.
For example, if you say:
- “Hey Google, play 102.7,” Assistant will play that station on the car radio.
- “Hey Google, play 102.7 on iHeartRadio,” Assistant will play that station from your streaming app.
Control radio from the Google Home app
If you use Assistant on a speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock, you can change the volume in the Google Home app.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your device Change the volume.