Your Google Assistant can show you info, apps, and actions related to the text on your screen.
Important: Some features aren't available in all languages or countries.
- On your Android phone or tablet, touch and hold the Home button or say "Hey Google."
- Tap What’s on my screen?
What you can get info about
- People: Learn more about famous people.
- Movies: See more information about a movie.
- Music: Get details about a song or artist within your music app.
- Restaurants: See ratings and menus, or get directions to a restaurant.
Turn screen search on or off
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings" or go to Assistant settings.
- Under "All settings," tap General.
- Turn Use screen context on or off.
- Note: When the switch is on, your Google Assistant sends content on your screen to Google to get info based on what you’re seeing.
You can also do a screen search using your Assistant on a Pixelbook. Learn how to do a screen search on Pixelbook.